January 15, 2016
Position Title: Production Assistant
Location: Brooklyn, NY
About Pitch: Pitch is a critically acclaimed podcast about music. We have a devoted audience, and we’ve been featured in places like BuzzFeed, NPR, and The Atlantic. The stories we make are thoughtfully reported, highly produced, and they engage our audience to think expansively about the world of music.
We’re starting work on an ambitious new season and we’re looking to add a Production Assistant to our team, to begin immediately. We're a team that values diversity in background, thought and experience.
About the Position: The Production Assistant will aid in the production of the piloting process. You’ll be involved in nearly every part of the process, including pitching, research, lining up interviews, assisting with scripts, and editing. We’re reporting big, ambitious stories — taking our game up to the next level and beyond — and we’re looking for someone who's both fearless and tireless, can contribute significantly to supporting all aspects of the production, and is willing to do whatever work necessary, however unglamorous, for the well-being of the show.
At this time, we are looking for someone who is available M-F, daytime hours, 40 hours a week for 2 months. We are optimistic that this is just the beginning and that there will be the potential for more work to come.
- Participate in editorial meetings.
- Pitch stories.
- Contact sources, pre-interview, and book interviewees.
- Conduct and compile research.
- Assist with interview preparation.
- Log interview tape.
- Assist in writing scripts and editing audio.
- Write web copy and social media posts.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of journalism and/or production experience.
- Demonstrated ability to report stories.
- Can clearly express an argument, viewpoint, or perspective, enjoys the debate, and accepts feedback well.
- Knowledgeable, passionate, and curious about music.
- Bonus points: Experience in narrative radio, fluency in Pro Tools and/or other DAWs, proficiency with a field kit, knowledge of content management systems and social media.
Compensation: Competitive with similar positions at major public radio and podcast programs.
How To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and up to any relevant work samples (we’d like to get a sense of how you write/report/produce) to firstname.lastname@example.org.